Whether you are currently employed and looking for a better opportunity or hoping to enter the job market, we have the skills and resources to assist you. We’ve collected a few resources for your use in training or job preparation. If there are any tips you've found particularly useful, let us know!
Preparing to interview for that dream job? We've compiled a few helpful interview tips to review beforehand.
Before your Interview:
- Research the company website, including pages on news and press releases, “about the company”, culture or values, and management profiles, specifically of the individuals you know you are meeting.
- Take at least 3 ideas that interest you in your research to the interview and be prepared to discuss them. Review the position description (duties and requirements) and be able to relay at least 5 reasons you are the BEST FIT for this position and the Company.
- Consider how your top 5 strengths would be used in this position and be prepared to discuss how you’ve used those strengths in your career.
- Incorporate these into your interview to show the interviewer that you are prepared and serious about this role.
- Business professional attire
- Plan your attire the day before your interview
- Fragrances are not recommended
- Jewelry should be simple and conservative
- Clean hands, trimmed nails, and a professional hair style are a must
- Do not remove your suit jacket unless the interviewer offers
- Tailored Suits (navy, gray, or black) should be worn with either a knee-length skirt or tailored pants
- Blouses should be pressed, basic, and modesty is recommended
- Makeup and nail polish should be minimal
- Non-novelty ties should be worn with a navy, gray, or black suit
- Shirts should be pressed and basic
- Shoes should be shined, conservative, and of an oxford or wingtip style
Want to read more? Sign in or Register to view sample interview questions, behavioral tips, and what not to do on an interview. Plus, you'll be able to upload your resume and bookmark careers that interest you.